Thomas Ellerbeck may have been born to Richard Ellerbeck and Jane formerly Ellis, at Newton Kyme cum Toulston and he was baptised 12 April 1763 at Newton Kyme, a son of Richard Ellerbeck jnr.
In 1780, aged 16, he may have been apprenticed to John Hollins, cordwainer at Tadcaster.
Thomas Ellerbeck, cordwainer and bachelor, married Elizabeth Dolton, spinster, after banns at Newton Kyme, 6 March 1787, in the presence of John Ellerbeck and Elizabeth Ellerbeck. All unproved information comes from a family group sheet from Ancestry.co.uk.
Thomas Ellerbeck, of Tadcaster, cordwainer, was left one shilling under the will of his father, Richard Ellerbeck of Towlston in the parish of Newton Kyme, dated 30 May 1789 and which was proved 9 May 1794.
He was buried 20 September 1825 aged 62 at Newton Kyme.
Thomas and Elizabeth‘s children were
1. Elizabeth, born 27 March 1787 and baptised 22 April 1787 at Newton Kyme, Yorks.
2. Jane (1790 – 1790) born 19 June 1790 and baptised 20 June 1790 at Tadcaster, a daughter of Thomas Ellerbeck of Tadcaster, cordwainer and son of Richard Ellerbeck of Goldstone (sic) in the parish of Newton Kyme, farmer, by (mother’s details left blank). She was buried at Tadcaster 22 September 1790. She died 21 September 1790 aged 13 weeks of smallpox, a daughter of Thomas of Tadcaster by (mother’s name left blank), cordwainer.
3. Jane, born 30 July 1792 and baptised 25 October 1792 at Tadcaster.
4. William, born 29 January 1795 and baptised 15 July 1795 at Tadcaster.
5. Thomas, born 2 January 1798 and baptised 12 August 1798 at Tadcaster.
6. Ann, born 2 May 1800 and baptised 12 October 1800 at Tadcaster.
8. Charlotte, born 27 August 1807 and baptised 5 June 1808 at Tadcaster.
Posted January 2017