George Killingbeck was born about 1777-8 (age in 1841). A likely baptism is at Drax, 3 miles from Snaith, second son of George of Camblesforth, labourer (a son of Thomas of Camblesforth, farmer, by Sarah, his first wife, daughter of William Arnold of Methley, house painter) and Sarah (daughter of Thomas Thompson of Doncaster labourer by Sarah his wife). George was born 20 May 1779 and baptised 28 May 1779.
George did not remain at Drax (Camblesforth) as there are no baptisms of children of ‘George’ there after 1796.
He was a labourer.
George Killingbeck married Ann Wainwright at Snaith 30 November 1802.
Ann Killingbeck of Cowick was buried at Snaith 9 June 1819 (no age recorded).
He apparently married Sarah Wilson 21 June 1825 at Snaith. This looks like a second marriage given the age difference between them and the young family in the 1841 census.
In 1841 he was living at Cowick, in the parish of Snaith, aged 63 and an agricultural labourer. With him were Sarah aged 50, Ann aged 14, William aged 12 and Francis (m) aged 10. All were born in the county.
There is a death of a George Killingbeck registered in the Goole district in the March quarter 1846. He was buried at Snaith from Cowick 10 March 1846. No age seems to have been recorded.
In 1861 at Snaith, Sarah Killingbeck, a widow aged 69 a housekeeper and born at Knottingley was in the household of her son, William.
Sarah Killingbeck’s death was probably registered in the Goole district in the December quarter 1867, aged 76. Her memorial is in Holy Trinity Churchyard, East Cowick and reads ‘In affectionate remembrance of Sarah Killingbeck of Cowick who died December 20th 1867 Aged 76 years’.
George and Ann’s children appear to be:
1. Thomas Killingbeck (1803 – 1803), baptised 8 May 1803 at Snaith, son of George of Hensall (no mother’s name) and buried (son of George, labourer of Hensall) at Snaith 11 May 1803.
2. Sarah Killingbeck, baptised 8 July 1804 at Snaith, daughter of George Killingbeck (no mother’s name).
4. Bessie Killingbeck, baptised 5 October 1817 at Snaith, daughter of George Killingbeck, labourer of Cowick, and Ann Wainwright.
George and his Sarah’s children appear to be:
5. Ann Killingbeck, born 27 September 1826, and baptised at Weslyan Methodist, Snaith, a daughter of George Killingbeck and Sarah Wilson of West Cowick, daughter of Richard and Elizabeth Wilson.
6. William Killingbeck, born 8 July 1828.
7. Francis Killingbeck, born 22 December 1830.
Posted January 2017