The Family of Henry
Cutter (1755 – 1828)
I am grateful to Hedley Martin for some of the information on this page.
Henry was baptised 25 May 1755 at Little Abington, a son of Ishmael Cutter and Ann formerly Andrews.
Henry's first wife was Mary Onion
and the marriage was 20 March 1774 at Linton. Henry was a bachelor of Little
Abington and Mary was a spinster of Linton. The witnesses were William Wright
and Francis Saggers.
Mary was buried 25 November 1794 at Chrishall.
Henry married secondly Sarah Seale 20 June 1795 at Little Abington. Sarah
Seale was a widow of the parish of Chrishall. That
Sarah was a widow of Chrishall lends support to the
likelihood that Henry was at Chrishall at some point,
which makes it more probable that the Ishmael (son of Henry and Mary) baptised
at Chrishall in 1791 is a descendent.
Henry Cutter died on Friday 22 August 1828 at Little Abington. He was in his 80th year
(Huntingdon, Bedford and Peterborough Gazette, Saturday 30 August 1828). He was buried at Little Abington on 24 August
The children of Henry and Mary:
- William, baptised 17 Jun 1776 at Hadstock,
(1778 – 1779), baptised 9 Aug 1778 at Little Abington and buried 19
Nov 1779 at Little Abington.
- Mary, baptised 23 Mar 1781 at
- Sarah, baptised 29 Jul 1784 at
- Susannah, baptised 5 Nov 1785 at
Linton. She married Thomas Hayden 25 December 1815 at Thriplow.
- Elizabeth, baptised 20 Apr 1788 at Linton.
- Rebekah (1790 – 1827), baptised
10 Jan 1790 at Chrishall. She married Thomas Halls 25
December 1826 at Fulbourn All Saints,
Cambs. She was buried 25 October
1827 at Fulbourn All Saints.
- Ishmael, baptised 31 Jul 1791 at Chrishall.
- Henry, baptised 25 Dec 1792 at Chrishall.
- Daughter, buried 24 November
1794 at Chrishall.
The children of Henry and Sarah:
- John, buried 16 Aug 1796,
infant, at Little Abington.
- Thomas, baptised 6 Nov 1796 at
- Lydia, baptised 8 Apr 1798 at Little
Abington. She married William Brown 13 May1819 at All Saints, Cambridge.