Family of Benjamin Asbery of Bramley,
From his age at death, Benjamin
was born 1750-51.
In the baptism entry (1787) of
Ann, daughter of Benjamin and Elisabeth Ashbury, in the Braithwell
register, it is stated that Benjamin was a son of George Ashbury and Elisabeth, and that
Elisabeth, Annís mother, was a daughter of John and Elisabeth Foster.
He married Elizabeth (Betty)
Foster on 24 November 1772 at Braithwell.† He was a labourer and bachelor and she was a
spinster and they were both of the parish.†
The witnesses were William Walker and William Ardson.
may have been buried at Braithwell 2 January 1825
aged 72 and from Bramley.
was probably buried 23 March 1834 at Braithwell.† He was of Bramley
and aged 83.
Benjamin and Annís children were:
- Alice, born about 1772/3 at Bramley.
She was unmarried and in 1841 and 1851 she was living with her brother
George at Bramley.† Aliceís death was registered in
the Rotherham district (includes Bramley) in the
December quarter 1854 and her burial was at Braithwell
4 October 1854 aged 82 and of Bramley.
- Hannah, baptised 26 September
1773 at Wickersley (daughter of Benjamin
- George, baptised 20 March 1777 at Wickersley
(son of Benjamin Ashbury).
- Elizabeth, baptised 18 June 1780
at Wickersley (daughter of Benjamin Ashbury).
- Benjamin, baptised 8 February
1785 at Wickersley (son of Benjamin
Ashbury).† He died 7 May and
was buried 8 May 1786 infant son of Benjamin Ashbury, of convulsions.
- Ann, born 7 July 1787 and baptised 18 July 1787 at Braithwell (daughter Benjamin and Elizabeth).† She may have married James Long
of the parish of Laughton-en-le-Morthen after
banns, 21 October 1811 at Wickersley.
- Sarah, baptised 13 November 1791 at Wickersley
(daughter of Benjamin and Elizabeth Ashbury).
- John, born 15 September
1793 and baptised 13 October 1793 at Braithwell
(son of Benjamin and Elizabeth).
- William, born 19 April 1796 and baptised 8 May 1796 at Braithwell (son of Benjamin and Elizabeth).
Posted October 2016