The spelling can be Kearton and Kirton etc.
Philip’s baptism is not in the register of Kirkby Malzeard and there appear to be no Kerton etc baptisms, marriages or burials before 1735.
Galphay, or Galwhey, is near Winksley (a separate parish from Kirkby Malzeard) and is south-east of Kirkby Malzeard. Winksley Banks Farm is near Galphay, and separated from Winksley by Winksley Bank.
Philip may have married Mary.
Philip (of Galwhey) was buried 18 February 1782 at Kirkby Malzeard.
Mary (widow of Galwhey) was buried 20 March 1783 at Kirkby Malzeard.
Philip’s children appear to have been:
1. Margaret, baptised 13 October 1735 at Kirkby Malzeard (Kertin, daughter of Philip, of Galwhey).
2. Philip, baptised 23 October 1738 at Kirkby Malzeard (Kearton, son of Philip, of Galwhey).
3. Richard, baptised 20 September 1741 at Kirkby Malzeard (Kirton, son of Philip, of Winksley Bank).
4. Mary, baptised 18 March 1745 at Kirkby Malzeard (Kirton, daughter of Philip, of Winksley Bank).
5. Esther, baptised 5 October 1750 at Kirkby Malzeard (Kirton, daughter of Philip, of Winksley Bank).
Posted June 2012