A likely Ezekiel was born 26 July 1767 and baptised 21 December 1767 at Quay Meeting House (Independent), Woodbridge, Suffolk, a son of Samuel Smith and Mary.
Ezekiel Smith of Dallinghoo, married Sarah Ruth (surname) of Dallinghoo 3 August 1789 at Dallinghoo (banns 19 July 1789). The witnesses were ? Smith and Roft? Osbourne.
Sarah Smith, wife of Ezekiel Smith was buried at Dallinghoo 4 April 1849 aged 82.
In the 1861 census of Hoo, Suffolk, Ezekiel Smith, a widower, aged 99, a labourer and born at Debenham was lodging with James Branton and his wife Rebecca. Rebecca was formerly Smith and married James Branton at Dallinghoo. In the 1861 census she was aged 61 and born at Dallinghoo, giving a year of birth around 1800.
Ezekiel Smith was buried at Dallinghoo 2 June 1861 aged 992.
Ezekiel and Sarah's children were
1. Mary, baptised 19 October 1800 at Dallinghoo.
2. Rebecca, baptised 31 August 1803 at Dallinghoo. She married James Branton 21 November 1826 at Dallinghoo.
3. John, baptised 17 November 1805 at Dallinghoo.
4. Elizabeth, baptised 7 October 1807 at Dallinghoo.
5. George, baptised 21 May 1820 at Dallinghoo, a son of Ezekiel Smith (labourer) and Sarah Ruth.
Posted September 2009