The Family of Elizabeth Jarman formerly Wyborn
Elizabeth was born 2 April 1805 and baptised 28 April 1805 at Ramsgate Chapel, a daughter of Thomas Wyborn and Mary formerly Castle.
She (aged 20 and the daughter of Thomas Wyborn, shoemaker) married John Leake Jarman (plumber and glazier) by licence (dated 7 November 1825) at St Lawrence in Thanet on 15 November 1825. They were both single and of the parish. The witnesses were Thomas Wyborn, Ann Wyborn and Ann Lyons Jarman. John Leake Jarman's baptism was 22 January 1804 at Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate (the son of Daniel and Sarah Jarman).
In 1861 Elizabeth was living at 11 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, aged 56, a lodging house keeper and born in Ramsgate. Her husband, John L. Jarman was aged 58, a lodging house keeper and born at Ramsgate. Their children were Mary Ann aged 18, an assistant, Sarah S. aged 16 an assistant, and Jane aged 13, all born in Ramsgate. There were two servants.
In the census of 1871, of 12 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, Elizabeth was aged 65 and born in Ramsgate. John L. Jarman was aged 68. a lodging house keeper, born in Ramsgate. Their unmarried daughters were Elizabeth, aged 40, Mary A, aged 28 and Jane aged 21. All were born in Ramsgate. There was also a domestic servant.
John's death was registered in the Thanet district, in the March quarter of 1878. He was aged 74.
John and Elizabeth's children were:
- John Daniel, born 26 October 1826 and baptised 13 December 1826 at Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
In 1861 he was living between 2 and 4 Roberts Row, St Mary Highbury, London, aged 34, a grainer and decorator, born at Ramsgate. His wife, Maryan A U was aged 28 and born at Ramsgate and their children were Agnes J. aged 8, born at Ramsgate, Amy A. W. aged 6, born at Folkestone, Elizabeth S aged 4 born Middx, London and Annie A. aged 1 and born at Islington.
In 1881 he was living at 273 Kentish Town Road, London. He was aged 54, a plumber and decorator, born at Ramsgate. With him was his wife Mary Ann U. aged 48, and born at Ramsgate. His children were Annie A. unmarried, aged 21 and born at Islington, Ernest, aged 11 and born at St Pancras, and Walter, aged 9 and born at St Pancras. Their children were
- Agnes J., born about 1852 at Ramsgate.
- Amy A W., born about 1854 at Folkestone.
- Elizabeth S., born about 1856 at Middx. London
- Annie A., born about 1860 at Islington.
- John Leak, born about 1865 and death registered in the St Pancras district, in the June quarter 1867 (1b 102), aged 2 .
- Ernest, born about 1869 at St Pancras
- Walter, born about 1871 at St Pancras.
- Thomas, baptised 31 July 1828 at Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
- Elizabeth, born 15 April 1830 and baptised 22 May 1831 (daughter of John Jarman and Elizabeth Wyborn) at Zion Independent Chapel, Hadres Street, Ramsgate.
- George, born 5 July 1833 and baptised 29 September 1833 at Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate (John and Elizabeth Jarman).
- Robert Thomas, born 20 April 1835 and baptised 5 July 1835 at Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate (John Jarman, no wife). In 1881 he was living at Willington House, Hertford Place, Ramsgate. He was aged 45, a plumber etc, born at Ramsgate. His wife was Harriet, aged 41 and born at Lambeth, Surrey. Their children were Louisa M. (unmarried) aged 19, Charles R., aged 15, a plumber etc assistant, William E. aged 13, Kate aged 11, Herbert H. aged 9, Edith F. aged 8, Madelini M. aged 3, all born at Ramsgate. There was also an unmarried nurse and another domestic servant. Their children were:
- Louisa M., born about 1861 at Ramsgate.
- Charles R., born about 1865 at Ramsgate.
- William E., born about 1867 at Ramsgate.
- Kate, born about 1869 at Ramsgate.
- Herbert H., born about 1871 at Ramsgate.
- Edith F., born about 1872 at Ramsgate.
- Madelini M., born about 1877 at Ramsgate.
- Ann, born 1839, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
- Daniel, born 1841, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
In 1861 he (Daniel B.) appears to be living 9 Prospect Terrace, St Mary Islington, aged 20, a carpenter born at Ramsgate. His wife, Elizabeth M., was aged 26 and a dressmaker, born at Middx, Hackney. Their child was Henry, aged 2 months and born at Islington. Their was also a step-daughter (daughter in law, sic) of Daniel's, Louisa E. Gosling, aged 5 and born at Islington.
- Henry, born about January 1861 at Islington.
- Mary Ann, born 1843, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
- Sarah S., born 1845, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
- Jane, born 1848, Ramsgate (John Leake Jarman and Elizabeth).
Posted 18 January 2007