The Family of Absalom Seymour
He was baptised at Jevington, 1 February 1818 (publican).
He married Rhoda Thorpe at Jevington on 7 September 1844. He was aged 27 a bachelor and labourer, a son of Stephen Seymour, a publican. Rhoda was aged 24 a servant of East Dean, the daughter of James Thorpe, a labourer.
In the 1851 census of Jevington he was aged 32, an agricultural labourer, born at Jevington. His wife, Rhoda, was aged 32 and born at East Dean. His children were S...(?) aged 6, James aged 4 and Jane (?) aged 1, all born at Jevington.
Rhoda died/was buried 2 August 1897 in Filchin Manor, Jevington. Absalom died/was buried 24 May 1903.
Absalom and Rhoda's children were:
- John Samson, baptised 9 March 1845 at Jevington (labourer). He died/was buried 25 November 1919 at Willingdon.
- S....?, born about 1844/5.
- James, born/baptised 17 January 1847 at Jevington. He died /was buried 2 November 1853 at Jevington.
- Phillis, born/baptised 12 November 1848 at Jevington. She died/was buried 28 May 1849 at Jevington.
- Jane?, born about 1849/5019.
- Tamar, born/baptised 23 June 1850 at Jevington.
- Betsy, born/baptised 4 July 1852 at Jevington
- Orpah, born/baptised 2 April 1854 at Jevington. She died about 1940.
- Maria, born/baptised 2 March 1856 at Jevington
- Absalom, born/baptised 18 July 1858 at Jevington
- Emily, born/baptised 29 July 1859 at Jevington.
- Lucy Jane, baptised 6 September 1863 at Jevington